2019-20 High School Bowling
|All scheduling and General QuestionsSheryl Hayes
|SCIAA ContactClaire Betti
|September 18||SCIAA Bowling Coaches Meeting & Clinic||4:00 pm||All Star Lanes|
|September 30||TSSAA First date of contest|
|November 18-19||SCIAA 5th Annual Thanksgiving Food Drive|
|December 11-12th *Tentative||SCIAA Championship||3:30 pm||All Star Lanes *Tentative|
|January 10||TSSAA District Tournaments must be completed||D17-Cordova|
|January 16||TSSAA Region Tournaments must be completed||D17-Cordova|
|January 18||TSSAA Girls’ Sectional|
|January 20||TSSAA Boys’ Sectional|
|January 23-25||TSSAA State Championships|
Eligibility must be entered into the TSSAA Portal at least one week prior to the first scheduled contest.
All athletes must be dressed appropriately in a collared shirt, slacks, jeans, walking shorts, or skirts. Athletic pants and camouflage are not permitted. Everyone on a team must wear the same color shirt. NO T-SHIRTS, NO HATS, NO HEADDRESSES (except religious). NO ELECTRONICS ON THE LANES. All bowlers are required to wear bowling shoes during competition. Shoes will be furnished by the bowling center where the match is being played, if needed, at no cost to the student-athlete and shall be returned to the bowling center at completion of the match.
Games will begin at 4pm. (Matches at Strike Zone will begin at 4:30). There will be a 15 minute practice session prior to the start of each match.
The pit area will be limited to 1 coach per team while your player is up. The settee area is limited to the athletes bowling. All other team members are in the spectator area.
- If you can not make a match, you must notify the opposing team, SCIAA, and Bowling Coordinator in writing.
- To keep from paying a fine, the forfeiting school must notify the opposing school and the SCIAA office in writing at least 24 hours before the contest.
- If a school fails to notify the opposing team by 11:00 am in writing on the day of a scheduled contest the forfeiting school must pay the cost of the bus for the opposing team if a bus charge is incurred.
- The missed match MUST be rescheduled. You must email the SCIAA and Bowling Coordinator an agreed reschedule date within 3 days of the original match.
- Reschedules must be at the same bowling center that they were originally scheduled. (Exception: If opposing teams have the same practice location, they can use a practice day to make up the match)
- Coaches are responsible for contacting the bowling center to set up at time/date for the reschedule match.
- The fines for forfeiting are two hundred dollars ($200.00) for major sports, fifty dollars ($50.00) for minor sports. (Bowling is a minor sport)
- If there is a continued pattern of forfeiting/rescheduling in any sport, the Athletic Manager may request an explanation.
All coaches must have current CPR certification and complete the NFHS “Concussion in Sports” & “Sudden Cardiac Arrest” courses and signed information sheets to be eligible to coach.
|Billy Hardwick’s All Star Lanes||1576 S. White Station Road, Memphis, TN||901-683-2695||Monday, 4 pm|
|Cordova Bowling Center||7945 Club Center Drive, Cordova, TN||901-754-4275||Tuesday, 4pm|
|Strike Zone||3330 Pine Tar Alley, Southaven, MS||662-890-0530||Wednesday, 4:30pm|
|Andy B’s Bartlett Lanes||6276 Stage Road, Memphis, TN||901-386-7701||Thursday, 4 pm|
- No outside food or drinks are allowed. Please encourage your athletes to patronize the bowling centers.
- Appropriate attire is required for practice & matches. No sagging pants, shorts shorts/skirts, tank tops or hats.
- Proper conduct is required. Athletes should act in the bowling centers as they are required to act in school.
- Coaches must call the centers to schedule practice times. The number of practice lanes will be 3 lanes for a boys’ or girls’ team and 6 lanes for Boys & girls.
- Practice times are Monday-Friday from 3:00 pm-5:00 pm.
- Practice is limited to 12 athletes per team.
- The center will provide lanes for tryouts and 2 practices a week until matches begin. Once matches start you will be allowed one practice per week. Any additional practices will be $5.00 per bowler.
- If you would like to practice somewhere other than your home center the fee will be $5.00 per bowler. You will need to call the center to schedule your practice.
- There will be no practices on the weekends or when matches are scheduled
- A Coach must be present at each practice for the entire practice session. The centers will not issue practice lanes until the coach arrives. Please call the center if you need to cancel practice or matches.
|District 17||District 18||District 19|
|Monitor: George Porter||Monitor: Richard Jones|