2021 SCIAA MIDDLE SCHOOL FOOTBALL INFORMATION
|All scheduling questions and changes should be sent to:
|All official questions:
Don Williams, Officials Assigning Agent
|July 22||SCIAA Football Coaches’ Meeting||10:00am||SCIAA Office|
|July 26||TSSAA First Football Practice|
|July 26||TSSAA: TSSAA Football Meeting||6:00 pm||MUS|
|August 2||Non-League Schedules due||noon|
|August 9||SCS First Day of School|
|August 12||Jamboree Rosters Due||noon||SCIAA Office|
|August 14||SCIAA Football Jamboree||Crump & Kirby|
|August 17||First Contest Date|
|October 11-15||SCS Fall Break|
|*September 30||SCIAA Championship Meeting||SCIAA Office|
|*October 2||SCIAA Championship First Round||Kirby & Crump|
|*October 6||SCIAA Championship Semi-Finals||Kirby & Crump|
|*October 19||SCIAA Championship||Crump Stadium|
|*October 23||TMSAA Sectional Championship-Small
TMSAA Sectional Championship-Large
|*October 27||SCIAA All-Star Game||2:00 pm|
THE FIRST DAY OF PRACTICE
Each student-athlete must have a completed before tryouts, practice, jamboree, or game:
- Athlete’s Health Record
- Tennessee State Concussion Law “Information & Signature Form”
- TN State Sudden Cardiac Law “Information & Signature Form”
Coaches must complete on file:
- Current CPR Certification
- Tennessee State Concussion Law “Information & Signature Form” and course certificate
- TN State Sudden Cardiac Law “Information & Signature Form” and course certificate
Coaches also must review and be familiar with TSSAA Football practice regulations, TSSAA Football Acclimatization Forms, and all TSSAA Health & Safety Policies.
TSSAA FOOTBALL PRACTICE REGULATIONS
TSSAA Football Acclimatization Forms
TSSAA Health & Safety Policies
Emergency Preparedness, Heat Illness Prevention, Concussion, Sudden Cardiac Arrest, Lightning Guidelines
PRACTICING ON DISTRICT FIELDS
Games on district fields at district owned stadiums take precedence over practices. Please clear the stadium 1 hour prior to game time. Clearing the stadium includes all student-athletes, coaches, team followers etc. must be out of the stadium. It does not mean you break down practice 1 hour prior to game time. Please review the SCIAA website for game times and locations at district stadiums.
TMSAA 8 football games max. All games must be turned in to the SCIAA and reflected on the SCIAA master schedule available at www.sciaa.,org
Schools are only allowed to participate in one Jamboree. The SCIAA jamboree is the official jamboree for all SCS schools. Jamboree will consist of 14 min running clock. Teams should warm up in the end zone 5 minutes prior to the end of the previous contest. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled time to play. Estimated start times are listed on the schedule.
$5.00 max. (tickets may be pre-sold at a lesser price at the discretion of the host principal) There will be no sharing of the gate. The visiting team may pre-sell tickets to away games. The home team is responsible for paying the officials and EMT.
DATE & TIME OF GAMES
Middle School Football games are traditionally held on Wednesdays. Games begin at 5:30pm.
All games will start at the designated time unless otherwise indicated in writing through the SCIAA. To make a game change (dates and/or start times) contact the SCIAA office at minimum 3 days prior to the scheduled event.
If a scheduled game is cancelled due to schools closing, please await information from the SCIAA office.
Security personnel will be assigned to middle school games by SCS security (416-5773). All Charter schools must secure their own security by SCS Security Standards.
SCORING AND TIMING
Home teams are responsible for providing SCIAA final scores after each game.
The officials should call the home school’s financial secretary by 10:00am on the day of the game. If they fail to do so, please call the assigning agent immediately!
PLEASE NOTE: Mid-South Football Officials Association officials must be used for all middle school games.
The official’s assigning agent is Don Williams (901)485-1350
Middle School officials are paid $80.00 each.
Emergency Medical Technician
EMT’s are Mandatory for all contests. The home team is responsible for paying the EMT. Lou Stackley is the EMT Coordinator. He will call your school by noon on game day to provide your EMT’s name and contact information.
EMT fees are $65.00 per game.
The Championship meeting will be October 1st, 2020 at the SCIAA office. If the head coach cannot be in attendance, a school representative must be present to be in order for that school to participate in the FB Championships. The schools with the best overall record will be awarded “home-team” distinction.
For the SCIAA Championship, the tiebreaker will follow SCIAA Constitutional Bylaws; Page 11/67 SCIAA Constitution and Bylaws-103.2(SCIAA website)
103.2 Tie Breaking Procedure
- Head-to-Head competition in league play. If teams have played each other during the season, the
outcome of these games will resolve the tie.
- If a tie remains after (a), the tiebreaker will be determined by how teams have done against the next highest seeded teams in their respective league: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.
- If the tie remains after (a) and (b), the overall win-loss record against teams within that classification will be used to break the tie. This only includes games played in your classification with member teams of TSSAA.
- If the tie remains after (a), (b), and (c), the best overall record will be used to break the tie. The best overall record includes games and tournaments with all teams associated with the National
Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS). Scheduled games must be on an Official SCIAA
Schedule to count for championship purposes.
- If a tie remains, a coin will be tossed. A draw will be used to determine who will call the coin toss
SCIAA Middle School Football All-Star Game Outline
All-Star Player Selection
- 8th Grade Football Players
- Head coach of every SCIAA team will nominate their players
- 45 players per team
- No more than 5 players from the same team
- Each selection will be agreed upon by the majority of the selection committee
- All-Star selections will be announced by SCIAA on social media
- All-Star permission letters will be emailed to the head coach of the player’s school team
All-Star Selection Committee
- Ask for anyone interested at the preseason football meeting
- Communicate with those interested coaches to create the selection committee
- Selection Committee will be divided by Area, Area 1 and Area 2 (ideally at least 4 coaches from each area)
- Selection Committee will be responsible for making the all-star roster selections based upon information entered into the nomination form, personal evaluation, and input from other SCIAA coaches
- The Selection Committee will also select the coaches for the All-Star game. (Coaches can volunteer to coach the all-star game in the nomination form.)
- Head Coach is selected by the Selection Committee
- The head coach will choose up to 2 assistant coaches
- The head coach should determine at least 2 practices including practice times, locations, and dates.
- The head coach will ensure that each player will play at least 1 quarter through the first three quarters. During the fourth quarter, a coach can use any player combination.
- Coaches should wear proper coaches’ attire and present themselves professionally.
- Coaches should have fun and demonstrate good sportsmanship.
2021 Middle School Football Leagues
|Small Area 1A||Small Area 1B||Small Area 2A||Small Area 2B||Large Area 1||Large Area 2|
|Barrett’s Chapel||Bellevue||Chickasaw||Hamilton||Cordova||American Way|
|Georgian Hills||B.T.W.||Geeter||KIPP Collegiate||Kingsbury||Colonial|
|Raleigh Egypt||Westside||Kirby||MAHS||Kate Bond||Hickory Ridge|
|Woodstock||KIPP Acad.||Oakhaven||MBA||Highland Oaks||Ridgeway|
|Mt. Pisgah||Ida B. Wells||Riverview||Wooddale||Snowden||Sherwood|
|Douglass||Freedom Prep||MASE||White Station||A. Maceo Walker|