Office: (901) 416-2915
|General XC Questions
Carl Bowie: (901) 503-7189
|July 26||TSSAA First Practice Date||4:00 pm|
|August 11||SCIAA Coaches Meeting||SCIAA Office|
|August 16||TSSAA First Contest Date/Deadline to File Eligibility & Schedules on TSSAA portal||TSSAA Portal|
|September 1||Complete SCIAA Registration (NOT A REAL MEET)||11:59 pm||tn.milesplit.com|
|September 2||Course open to run||5:00 pm||Shelby Farms|
|September 3||Mandatory Registration Make-Up||3:30 pm||SCIAA Office|
|September 9||Team Packet Pick-Up||9:00 am to 4:00 pm||SCIAA Office|
|September 9||Course open to run||5:00 pm||Shelby Farms|
|September 10||Team Packet Pick-Up (Last Opportunity)||9:00 am to 12:00 pm||SCIAA Office|
|September 16||SCIAA Meet #1||5:00 pm||Shelby Farms|
|September 23||Course open to run||5:00 pm||Shelby Farms|
|September 30||SCIAA Meet #2||5:00 pm||Shelby Farms|
|October 7||SCIAA AAA Championship||3:30 pm||Shelby Farms|
|October 7||SCIAA A-AA Championship||4:30 pm||Shelby Farms|
|October 26||TSSAA Regionals – Region 8 – A-AA||5:00 pm||Shelby Farms|
|October 27||TSSAA Regionals – Region 8 – AAA||5:00 pm||Shelby Farms|
|October 30||TSSAA Regionals Must be Completed||TBA||TBA|
|November 4-5||TSSAA State||TBA||Sanders Ferry Park|
Park Meters Address
Shelby Farms 5k 7171 Mullins Station Rd., Memphis TN 38134
SCIAA XC Meet Information & Requirements
- Teams MUST submit their entire roster for the season by entering the SCIAA Registration meet on milesplit.com. This is not an actual meet! Failure to register on time will result in a mandatory registration meeting at the SCIAA office. Missing the meeting could result in forfeiting the entire XC season. Meeting is ONLY mandatory if you did not register by the deadline.
- You must pick up your team packets at the SCIAA office on the designated date. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PICK UP AT THE RACE.
- Teams must attend the 2 regular season SCIAA cross country meets. (9/16 and 9/30). The Championship is also MANDATORY. Failure to attend the 2 regular season meets and the SCIAA Championship meet will result in a fine.
- On September 2, September 9, and September 23 the course at Shelby Farms is reserved for SCIAA schools. These dates will not be electronically timed and are not mandatory. Schools may get together and create their own meets on these dates or use the course for practice. SCIAA staff will not be present on these dates.
- Teams may enter any races hosted by entities outside of SCIAA. Maximum number of regular season meets is 11 including the SCIAA Championship. Search https://tn.milesplit.com/ to find meets.
- Unlimited entries per school are permitted at the 2 regular season meets.
- For the SCIAA Championship there is a maximum of 7 participants per team.
- If a team does NOT register and still attends, the team will not be allowed to run.
- All races will be electronically timed. Results will be emailed to coaches following the meet. Coaches will have 24 hours to dispute the results. Disputes must be sent to the SCIAA in writing to be considered. After 24 hours, the final results will be posted to TN Milesplit.
- No chips will be assigned at any meets. Runners showing up to a meet without their chip will not be allowed to run.
- Races will start at 5:00 pm sharp. Coaches must check in by 4:30pm and allow athletes time for proper warm up. Girls will run in the first wave at 5:00pm, and boys in the second wave starting at approximately 5:30pm.
- If a chip needs replacement, email Reed Willis, email@example.com. Chips will not be replaced at any meet. Replacement chips are subject to a $25 fine per chip.
- Schools will be given the timing chips for the entire season and must return them after the Championship.
- If shoe tags are lost, stolen, broken, or not turned in, schools are subject to a $25.00 fee per missing/damaged tag.
TSSAA XC INFORMATION
Teams: A team will consist of a minimum of five and a maximum of seven runners. However, if a school does not have a team it may enter less than five runners in the individual division of the meet. No school shall enter more than seven participants in the Regional Cross-Country Meet. Three alternates may be listed on the entrance form.
Uniforms: All uniforms must follow the NFHS Rules. The referee will warn every participant prior to the meet that they must compete in a legal uniform, and if a contestant competes in an illegal uniform, then that contestant is disqualified from that event. There are no team warnings or individual warnings after the meet begins. Officials should use preventative officiating as much as possible.
Eligibility List: Eligibility List and schedule must be submitted in the TSSAA Portal before the first contest date of Fall Sports.
Practice: Participants must have signed physicals and required forms on file at the school prior to their first practice. Each student-athlete must have a completed Athlete’s Health Record (comprised of a cleared pre-participation physical examination, emergency information, informed consent, acknowledgement of risk and authorization to treat signed by parent/guardian) **Covid-19 Informed Consent and Acknowledgment of Risk** and the Tennessee State Concussion & Sudden Cardiac Law “Information & Signature Form” before participation in a try-out, practice, or game.
Length of Course: The Cross Country courses will be 5k meters in distance for boys and girls. Rules governing Cross Country shall be those as published by the National Federation of High School Associations in the Track and Field Rulebook.
Regional Meets: At the regional cross country meets each year, the coaches involved shall select the site of the following year’s regional cross country meet and the director. The Large & Small Class teams (as determined by classification) will be scored as two separate cross country meets.
Requirements: All coaches must have current CPR certification and complete the NFHS “Concussion in Sports”, “Sudden Cardiac Arrest”, and “Covid-19 for Coaches and Administrators” prior to coaching. All coaches must also complete Safe Schools Athletic Coaches Covid-19 Training. All non-faculty and classified employees must complete the NFHS “Fundamentals of Coaching” and “First Aid, Health, & Safety for Coaches” prior to coaching.
TSSAA CLASSIFICATION 2021-2022
|Bolton High||Manassas High||Germantown High|
|Booker T. Washington||MASE||Southwind High|
|City University School||MBA||White Station High|
|Compass-Midtown||Middle College High||Whitehaven High|
|Craigmont High||Mitchell High||Overton High|
|Crosstown High School||MLK Prep||Central High|
|Douglass High||MSE||Kingsbury High|
|East High||PCA High||Cordova High|
|Fairley High||Raleigh-Egypt High|
|Hamilton High||Ridgeway High|
|KIPP Collegiate High||Soulsville Charter|
|Kirby High||Trezevant High|