2019 High School Baseball & Softball
Lecia Schluterman SCIAA Baseball/Softball Coordinator
Office 416-9944 Cell 479-438-0854
Fax 416-9949 Email email@example.com
|November 29||Baseball & Softball Coaches Meeting||4:00 pm||SCIAA Office|
|January 14||All Schedules due to SCIAA|
|January 16||TSSAA Softball Rules Meeting||5:30 pm||MUS|
|January 16||TSSAA Baseball Rules Meeting||6:30 pm||MUS|
|February 11||TSSAA First date of practice|
|March 11||TSSAA First Date of Contest|
|March 11||TSSAA Deadline to File Eligibility & Schedules|
|March 11-15||SCS Spring Break|
|May 10||TSSAA Districts Must Be Completed|
|May 13||TSSAA Region Semifinals|
|May 15||TSSAA Region Finals|
|May 17||TSSAA Sectionals|
|May 21-24||TSSAA State Championship|
Baseball-TSSAA limits high schools to play a maximum of 30 games played, 4 tournaments (tournaments count as 3 games).
Softball-TSSAA limits high schools to play a maximum of 34 games, 5 tournaments (tournaments count as 4 games).
All high school baseball schedules are due to the SCIAA Office by January 14th. It is the responsibility of the school to contact Memphis Parks for field availability, scheduling and fees. The school will be responsible for paying all fees associated with playing on Parks Fields. These fees will not be reimbursed.
Inclement Weather: Cancellation or postponement of games for inclement weather is the responsibility Athletic Director of the home team or his/her representative. The final decision and notification to the visiting team, umpire or assigning agent, and the SCIAA must be made by 11:00 a.m. on the day of the game. If there is any question as to playing conditions of Park Commission fields, the final decision for determining whether or not the field is playable will be made by the Park Commission representative.
Rescheduling Inclement Weather Games: The home team is responsible for obtaining field assignments for make up games and contacting assigning agents to obtain umpires. The home team is responsible for contacting the visiting team within three days of the postponed game and setting a playing date for the rescheduled game. If the visiting team has not received notification of game reschedule by the third day, they are responsible for contacting the SCIAA in writing (e-mail). Please CC the SCIAA on all correspondence concerning make-up games (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Parks Services Fields:
All games at Tobey (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday) & Willow (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)must be completed by 6:00 pm. Drop dead, no excuses!
Andrew Fisher (901) 767-4580 office email@example.com
Games postponed on Park Commission fields should be rescheduled through the Park Commission office. Please contact them at 757-4580 between 10am and 12pm, daily. The participating teams should reschedule games postponed on school fields.
The home school is responsible for changes of the field location –You must notify the umpire’s assigning agent of any change:
Baseball & Softball Assigning Agent: Tony Walsh (901) 634-5201 firstname.lastname@example.org
- All umpires are required to contact the home team school by 12:00 noon on game day. Check with your financial secretary to insure that the officials have called in. Do not leave for your playing field without 100% assurance that your officials are assigned and are aware of your game.
- Any changes on game day, coaches are required to contact the umpires or an assigning officer by 11:00 a.m. of game day or be in jeopardy of paying game fees.
- In case it becomes necessary to postpone a regular game after the umpires have arrived, but before any play takes place, the umpires shall be entitled to collect only half of the fee.
- Only Officials’ fees for League/District games will be reimbursed by the SCIAA.
|Two Officials||Three Officials|
|Senior High Baseball||Single Game$80.00||Single Game$75.00|
|Doubleheader (JV/JV or JV/V)$110.00||Doubleheader (JV/JV)$100.00|
|Doubleheader (V/V)$120.00||Doubleheader (V/V)$110.00|
|Doubleheader fees apply to regular season contests only when there is no more than 30 minutes between games. If one game of the doubleheader is a JV game, it is limited to 5 innings or a 1:15 time limit, whichever comes first. NO EXCEPTIONS!|
|Two Officials||Three Officials|
|Senior High Softball||Single Game$70.00||Single Game$65.00|
|Doubleheader (JV/JV or JV/V)$100.00
|Doubleheader (JV/JV or JV/V)$90.00
|Doubleheader fees apply to regular season contests only when there is no more than 30 minutes between games.|
The home team of each contest must upload the outcome of the game to their DigitalSports website (instructions are included in this packet). The scores must be submitted by noon of the following day.
TSSAA FAQ’s to Highlight
Schools Which Member Schools May Play or Scrimmage.
- What schools may a member school of TSSAA play or scrimmage during regular season?
- TSSAA member schools may play or scrimmage the following:
- Any secondary school team with grades 9 and above.
- An individual home schooled student who might be invited to participate in a track meet, wrestling competition, golf competition, etc. This would primarily apply to individual sports.
- A home school team in a team sport, such as basketball, baseball, softball, etc., where home schooled students go together to form a cooperative team.
- Who can a member school of TSSAA not play during regular season?
- Any non-school team. Examples would be a club team, recreational park league team, or any type of
- Can a school’s junior varsity team participate against another school’s varsity team?
- No. A game is either a varsity game for both teams, a junior varsity game for both teams, or a scrimmage for both teams. An exception may be made by the Executive Director when a school is beginning an athletic program.
- Inclement Weather and Postponed Games
105.1 Inclement Weather – When school is cancelled because of inclement weather conditions, all athletic events will be postponed. The home school is responsible for notifying officials and calling everyone involved in the contest.
105.2 If schools are closed on the day a meeting is to be held, the meeting will be rescheduled by the SCIAA office. Schools will be notified of the new date.
105.3 The principal of the home school will contact the principal of the visiting school and they will decide whether the game is to be played or postponed. In the event of disagreement, the decision rests with the Athletic Manager.
105.4 If postponed:
- The Athletic Manager should be notified of the decision immediately, including the new date and site preference.
- The home school will notify the officials’ assigning agent that the game has been postponed.
105.5 Guidelines for Forfeiting Athletic Contests
Forfeit – Any game that is cancelled by a school for reasons other than weather related conditions.
- To keep from paying a fine, the forfeiting schools must notify the opposing school and the SCIAA office in writing at least 24 hours before the contest.
- Officials should be notified of game cancellation by 11:00 a.m. on the day of a scheduled contest. If the school fails to notify the officials, the forfeiting school must pay and will not receive reimbursement from the Athletic Office.
- Both schools in a forfeiting situation should send a letter to the SCIAA office and a copy to the opposing school principal.
- The fines for forfeiting are two hundred dollars ($200.00) for major sports, fifty dollars ($50.00) for minor sports. Baseball and Softball are both defined as major sports.
- If a school fails to notify the opposing team by 11:00 am in writing on the day of a scheduled contest the forfeiting school must pay the cost of the bus for the visiting team if a bus charge is incurred.
- The forfeited game will not be rescheduled.
- If there is a continued pattern of forfeiting in any sport, the Athletic Manager may request an explanation.
- Any school that has a forfeit situation must notify the SCIAA within 24 hours. Failure to notify the SCIAA in writing will result in a no contest for championship purposes.
- A forfeit will remove the forfeiting team from consideration for the SCIAA Championship.
TSSAA 2017-2021 District Alignments-Baseball & Softball
|Region 8||Region 8||Region 7||Region 8|
|District 15A||District 16A||District 16AA||District 14AAA||District 15AAA||District 16 AAA|
|KIPP (BB)||Freedom Prep (SB)||MLK Prep||Bolton||Houston||Overton|
|Soulsville||Southwest Early (SB)||Wooddale|
District Tournament Sites
|Baseball (Last Year)||2019|
|15A-Middle College-Reed Willis|
|Softball (Last Year)||2019|
|16AAA-White Station-Bob Alberson|
|15A-Middle College-Margarette Norris|
Region Tournament Sites
|Region 8AAA||Region 8AAA|
|Region 7AAA||Region 7AAA|
|Region 7AA||Region 7AA|
|Region 7A||Region 7A|
Tobey Park Willow Park
2599 Avery Ave. 4971 Willow Road
Behind the SCS Board of Education #1 is behind the Community Center and
Overton High School
|NO BUSES OR OTHER VEHICLES INSIDE ANYPARK FENCES!!|
4575 Raleigh LaGrange Road
Fields 6-9 are the first fields you come to
Fields 1-5 are the last fields
|Team||Baseball Home Field||Softball Home Field|
|Germantown||Red Devil Field||Germantown|
|Wooddale||Sowell Field||Willow Park|
|Central||Tobey Legion Field||Tobey Park|
|Hamilton||Lincoln Park||Tobey Park|
|Melrose||Orange Mound Park|
|Overton||Willow Park #1||Willow Park|
|White Station||White Station||White Station|
|MLK Prep||MLK Prep||Kennedy Park|
|Hillcrest||Graceland Elem.||Carruther’s Park|
|BTW||Jesse Turner Park||Tobey Park|
|Middle College||Tobey Legion Field||Middle College|