|All scheduling and general questionsSheryl Hayes Cell: 901-493-3437Email: firstname.lastname@example.org||SCIAA ContactClaire DoughertyOffice: 901-416-2915Email: email@example.com|
Important Dates: 2018-2019
Eligibility must be entered into the TSSAA Portal at least one week prior to the first scheduled contest.
All participants must be insured. For more information, please SCIAA Office
All athletes must be dressed appropriately in a collared shirt, slacks, jeans, walking shorts, or skirts. Athletic pants and camouflage are not permitted. Everyone on a team must wear the same color shirt. NO T-SHIRTS, NO HATS, NO EXCEPTIONS. NO ELECTRONICS ON THE LANES. All bowlers are required to wear bowling shoes during competition. Shoes will be furnished by the bowling center where the match is being played, if needed, at no cost to the student-athlete and shall be returned to the bowling center at completion of the match.
All games will begin at 3:30 pm except for Billy Hardwick’s All Star Lanes, which will begin at 4:00 pm. There will be a 15 minute practice session prior to the start of each match.
The pit area will be limited to 1 coach per team while your player is up. The settee area is limited to the athletes bowling. All other team members are in the spectator area.
Per the SCIAA Constitution and Bylaws
Forfeit- Any game that is cancelled by a school for reasons other than weather related conditions.
- To keep from paying a fine, the forfeiting schools must notify the opposing school and the SCIAA office in writing at least 24 hours before the contest.
- The fines for forfeiting are two hundred dollars ($200.00) for major sports, fifty dollars ($50.00) for minor sports. (Bowling is a minor sport)
- If a school fails to notify the opposing team by 11:00 am in writing on the day of a scheduled contest the forfeiting school must pay the cost of the bus for the visiting team if a bus charge is incurred.
- The forfeited game will not be rescheduled.
- If there is a continued pattern of forfeiting in any sport, the Athletic Manager may request an explanation.
- Any school that has a forfeit situation must notify the SCIAA within 24 hours. Failure to notify the SCIAA in writing will result in a no contest for championship purposes.
- A forfeit will remove the forfeiting team from consideration for the SCIAA Championship.
All coaches must have current CPR certification and complete the NFHS “Concussion in Sports” prior to coaching. All non-faculty and classified employees must complete the NFHS “Fundamentals of Coaching” and First Aid, Health, & Safety for Coaches” prior to coaching.
|Billy Hardwick’s All Star Lanes||1576 S. White Station Road, Memphis, TN||901-683-2695|
|Cordova Bowling Center||7945 Club Center Drive, Cordova, TN||901-754-4275|
|Winchester Bowl||3703 S. Mendenhall Road, Memphis, TN||901-362-1620|
|Andy B’s Bartlett Lanes||6276 Stage Road, Memphis, TN||901-386-7701|
|Strike Zone||3330 Pine Tar Alley, Southaven, MS||662-890-0530|
- No outside food or drinks are allowed. Please encourage your athletes to patronize the bowling centers.
- Appropriate attire is required for practice. No sagging pants, shorts shorts/skirts, tank tops or hats.
- Proper conduct is required. Athletes should act in the bowling centers as they are required to act in school.
- Coaches must call the centers to schedule practice times. The number of practice lanes will be 3 lanes for a boys’ or girls’ team and 6 lanes for Boys & girls.
- Practice times are Monday-Friday from 3:00 pm-5:00 pm.
- Practice is limited to 12 athletes per team.
- The center will provide lanes for tryouts and 2 practices a week until matches begin. Once matches start you will be allowed on practice per week. Any additional practices will be $5.00 per bowler.
- If you would like to practice somewhere other than your home center the fee will be $5.00 per bowler. You will need to call the center to schedule your practice.
- There will be no practices on the weekends or when matches are scheduled
- A Coach must be present at each practice for the entire practice session. The centers will not issue practice lanes until the coach arrives. Please call the center if you need to cancel practice.
TSSAA 2017-2021 District Alignments-Bowling
|District 17||District 18||District 19|