2017-18 Student-Athlete Tracking Program
|Lecia Schluterman Office: 901-416-9944
|Additional Training and Help Gina Pickens, AD Ridgeway High School
|August 3||SCIAA Athletic Conference||9:00 am||SCIAA Office|
|September 23||SMS Training Session||4:00 pm||Ridgeway High School|
|September 24||SMS Training Session||4:00 pm||Ridgeway High School|
|September 30||SMS Fall Sports’ Entries Due||2:00 pm||Online|
|September 7||SMS Work Session for Incomplete Entries||4:00 pm||Ridgeway High School|
|November 29||SMS Winter Sports’ Entries Due||10:00 am||Online|
|December 6||SMS Work Session for Incomplete Entries||4:00 pm||Ridgeway High School|
|March 20||SMS Spring Sports’ Entries Due||10:00 am||Online|
|March 28||SMS Work Session for Incomplete Entries||4:00 pm||Ridgeway High School|
* Dates subject to change
Goals of the SCIAA Student-Athlete Tracking Program
To identify (sport/grade/gender/school)
- Number of student-athletes
- ACT Scores
- TCAP Scores
- Attendance Rate
Outline of the SCIAA Student-Athlete Tracking Program
- All SCIAA member schools’ Athletic Directors are responsible for entering in all sports’ rosters into the PowerSchool SMS system. (Those schools who use PowerSchool and report to Shelby County Schools.)
- SCIAA will request AD roles added to all new AD’s from the database created from the SCIAA Athletic Conference
- At the beginning of each year we will host two training sessions for new Athletic Directors or those who feel they need a refresher course.
- Seasonal sports’ entry deadlines will be set approximately a week or so after the TSSAA first play date.
- Mandatory work sessions will be set approximately one week following the entry deadline for AD’s to complete their sports’ entries.
- SCIAA will analyze and report on Midyear and End of year data.
- Schools may request their individual reports with end of year data.
Training and Work Sessions
- Will be held at 4:00 pm at Ridgeway High School
- Instructors will be Gina Pickens and Lecia Schluterman
- Athletic Directors should bring all current season sports rosters to be entered into the system
- Failure to attend work sessions will result in a $50 fine to the school.