2018-19 Student-Athlete Tracking Program
|Lecia Schluterman Office: 901-416-9944Cell: 479-438-0854Email: firstname.lastname@example.org||Amy ThorntonEmail: email@example.com|
|August 1||SCIAA Athletic Conference||9:00 am||SCIAA Office|
|August 20||PowerSchool Training Session||4:00 pm||Central High|
|August 22||PowerSchool Training Session||3:00 pm||Central High|
|August 29||PowerSchool Fall Sports’ Entries Due||2:00 pm||Online|
|September 4||PowerSchool Work Session for Incomplete Entries||4:00 pm||Central High|
|November 28||PowerSchool Winter Sports’ Entries Due||10:00 am||Online|
|December 4||PowerSchool Work Session for Incomplete Entries||4:00 pm||Central High|
|March 20||PowerSchool Spring Sports’ Entries Due||10:00 am||Online|
|March 26||PowerSchool Work Session for Incomplete Entries||4:00 pm||Central High|
* Dates subject to change
Please leave the end date blank.
Fall Start Date-8/6/2018
Winter Start Date-9/24/2018
Spring Start Date-3/11/2019
Goals of the SCIAA Student-Athlete Tracking Program
To identify (sport/grade/gender/school)
- Number of student-athletes
- ACT Scores
- TCAP Scores
- Attendance Rate
Outline of the SCIAA Student-Athlete Tracking Program
- All SCIAA member schools’ Athletic Directors are responsible for entering in all sports’ rosters into the PowerSchool SMS system. (Those schools who use PowerSchool and report to Shelby County Schools.)
- SCIAA will request AD roles added to all new AD’s from the database created from the SCIAA Athletic Conference
- At the beginning of each year we will host two training sessions for new Athletic Directors or those who feel they need a refresher course.
- Seasonal sports’ entry deadlines will be set approximately a week or so after the TSSAA first play date.
- Mandatory work sessions will be set approximately one week following the entry deadline for AD’s to complete their sports’ entries.
- SCIAA will analyze and report on Midyear and End of year data.
- Schools may request their individual reports with end of year data.
Training and Work Sessions
- Will be held at 4:00 pm at TBA
- Instructors will be Lecia Schluterman
- Athletic Directors should bring all current season sports rosters to be entered into the system
- Failure to attend work sessions will result in a $50 fine to the school.
Communications and Notifications
- Database of Athletic Directors will be gathered through the attendance of the SCIAA Athletic Conference
- Due dates and work session dates are on the SCIAA Calendar and discussed at the SCIAA Athletic Conference
- Reminders will be in the SCIAA Newsletter and sent to AD’s through email blasts
- Notifications of non-compliance will be sent to the Athletic Director, Principal and ILD’s
- 3 data pulls
- Specific data
- Compare athletes versus all students
- 1st Quarter Data
- Mid-Year Data
- End of Year Data
- Promotion to next grade (MS?)