2016-17 Student-Athlete Tracking Program
|Lecia Schluterman Office: 901-416-9944Cell: 479-438-0854
|Additional Training and Help Gina Pickens, AD Ridgeway High SchoolClassroom: 901-416-4704|
|August 4||SCIAA Athletic Conference||9:00 am||SCIAA Office|
|October 23||SMS Training Session||4:00 pm||Ridgeway High School|
|October 24||SMS Training Session||4:00 pm||Ridgeway High School|
|October 30||SMS Fall Sports’ Entries Due||2:00 pm||Online|
|November 2||SMS Work Session for Incomplete Entries||4:00 pm||Ridgeway High School|
|November 29||SMS Winter Sports’ Entries Due||10:00 am||Online|
|December 5||SMS Work Session for Incomplete Entries||4:00 pm||Ridgeway High School|
|March 24||SMS Spring Sports’ Entries Due||10:00 am||Online|
|April 5||SMS Work Session for Incomplete Entries||4:00 pm||Ridgeway High School|
* Dates subject to change
Goals of the SCIAA Student-Athlete Tracking Program
To identify (sport/grade/gender/school)
- Number of student-athletes
- ACT Scores
- TCAP Scores
- Attendance Rate
Outline of the SCIAA Student-Athlete Tracking Program
- All SCIAA member schools’ Athletic Directors are responsible for entering in all sports’ rosters into the PowerSchool SMS system. (Those schools who use PowerSchool SMS and report to Shelby County Schools.)
- SCIAA will request AD roles added to all new AD’s from the database created from the SCIAA Athletic Conference
- At the beginning of each year we will host two training sessions for new Athletic Directors or those who feel they need a refresher course.
- Seasonal sports’ entry deadlines will be set approximately a week or so after the TSSAA first play date.
- Mandatory work sessions will be set approximately one week following the entry deadline for AD’s to complete their sports’ entries.
- SCIAA will analyze and report on Midyear and End of year data.
- Schools may request their individual reports with end of year data.
Training and Work Sessions
- Will be held at 4:00 pm at Ridgeway High School
- Instructors will be Gina Pickens and Lecia Schluterman
- Athletic Directors should bring all current season sports rosters to be entered into the system
- Failure to attend work sessions will result in a $50 fine to the school.
Communications and Notifications
- Database of Athletic Directors will be gathered through the attendance of the SCIAA Athletic Conference
- Due dates and work session dates are on the SCIAA Calendar and discussed at the SCIAA Athletic Conference
- Reminders will be in the SCIAA Newsletter and sent to AD’s through email blasts
- Notifications of non-compliance will be sent to the Athletic Director, Principal and ILD’s