High School Soccer
|All scheduling, referee and general questionsRich Lando Cell: 901-388-0871
|SCIAA events and athletic policy questionsKai Washington Phone: 901-416-5764
Schedules are due in Arbiter by December 16th. Assigning starts in January.
|Feb 13||TSSAA First Practice|
|March 13; May 2||TSSAA First date of contest; SCIAA Championship|
|May 12||District Tournaments must be completed|
|May 16||Region Semi-finals|
Features the top team in each division and will be held at Melrose Stadium. The top 2 is decided by overall record and must have played a minimum of 4 games against SCIAA teams within their classification. The A-AA Championship will begin at 5pm followed by the AAA game.
- Each player must have a completed and signed physical, concussion information form and sudden cardiac arrest form, evidence of which must be on file at each school before the student-athlete can participate in practice, try-outs or a competitive contest. Additionally, an assumption of Risk, emergency contact information and informed consent forms must also accompany the physical. The Athlete Health Record includes those 3 requirements on 1 form.
- All student-athletes must be listed on the TSSAA eligibility form. The last day to submit Eligibility forms is the First TSSAA Official Day of Contest.
- All teams must have a basic first aid kit, injury ice & bags, water, and a copy of each student-athlete’s emergency contact info accompany them to all competitions and practices. All coaches must be CPR & First Aid certified.
- Contact the school Athletic Director for secondary insurance information.
TSSAA limits high schools to play a maximum of 16 games and 2 tournaments. Tournaments count as 2 games.
Arbiter Sports/Digital Sports
All home games must be loaded into Arbiter Sports which is used by the referee assignor. If you need a username and password for Arbiter Sports please contact Rich Lando at email@example.com
Inclement Weather: Cancellation or postponement of games for inclement weather is the responsibility of the Athletic Director of the home team or his/her representative. The final decision and notification to the visiting team, umpire or assigning agent, and the SCIAA must be made by 11:00 a.m. on the day of the game. If there is any question as to playing conditions of Park Commission fields, the final decision for determining whether or not the field is playable will be made by the Park Commission representative.
Rescheduling Inclement Weather Games: The home team is responsible for obtaining field assignments for make-up games and contacting assigning agents to obtain referees. The home team is responsible for contacting the visiting team within three days of the postponed game and setting a date for the rescheduled game.
Parks Services Fields:
Jackie Trenthem (901) 767-4580 office
Games postponed on Park Commission fields should be rescheduled through the Park Commission office. Please contact them at 767-4580 between 10am and 12pm, daily.
SCS Field Maintenance
If your field needs lines painted contact Ben Gilliam at firstname.lastname@example.org or Delbert Means at email@example.com. This must be requested ahead of the schedule to allow time for the fields to get painted.
All stadium fields must be scheduled through the SCIAA Office.
- Turf Fields-Melrose Stadium, Kirby Stadium, Whitehaven Stadium, Crump Stadium, Cordova Stadium
- Grass Fields-J.P. Freeman Soccer Field, Raleigh-Egypt Stadium, Fairgrounds Stadium, Cordova Field
Corner flags are mandatory equipment. All schools playing on grass fields must purchase and supply for game corner flags. The SCIAA has corner flags with bases for turf fields available for loan for the season for schools playing on turf fields. The schools will be held responsible for replacement costs for broken or lost equipment.
Cancellation of Games
Teams canceling games last than 24 hours prior to the start or not showing up for reasons other than weather or school closure will be responsible for paying the referees. If a school needs to cancel a game it is their responsibility to contact the SCIAA, their opponent, referee assignor and referees.
Referee Assigning Agent
The home team is responsible for paying the referees for each game. Fees for league games are reimbursed at the end of the season.
Varsity- If 2 referees each shall receive $70. If 3 referees the split shall be $70/$60/$60. If only 1 referee $75.
Referees will call the home team’s financial secretary by noon on the day of the game to supply their names and contact information; if the financial secretary has not been contacted by that time on the day of your home game contact the assigning agent.
**TSSAA Independent Game Participation Rule**