2018 High School
|SCIAA Contact & Scheduling Questions Claire Dougherty Office: (901) 416-2915
|General XC Questions Meet DirectorsJohn Greene: (901) 336-8230
Derek Hunter: (901) 481-1291
|July 23August 8August 13
|TSSAA First Practice DateSCIAA Coaches MeetingTSSAA First Contest Date/Deadline to File Eligibility & Schedules
SCIAA Invitational (Optional)
SCIAA XC Kick Off
SCIAA Week 2
SCIAA Week 3
SCIAA Large Championship
SCIAA Small Championship
TSSAA Regionals – Region 8 – Small
TSSAA Regionals – Region 8 – Large
Percy Warner State Park
Park Meters Address
Shelby Farms 5k 7171 Mullins Station Rd., Memphis TN 38134
Airways Achievement Academy 5k 2601 Ketchum St., Memphis, TN 38114
CROSS COUNTRY INFORMATION
Teams: A team will consist of a minimum of five and a maximum of seven runners. However, if a school does not have a team it may enter less than five runners in the individual division of the meet. No school shall enter more than seven participants in the Regional Cross-Country Meet. Three alternates may be listed on the entrance form. For SCIAA Regular Season Meets (including SCIAA Invitational, Kick Off, Week 2 and Week 3), schools can enter unlimited athletes to compete – the top 7 from each school will be scored for the Team. In the SCIAA Championship, ONLY 7 ATHLETES MAY COMPETE.
Uniforms: All uniforms must follow the NFHS Rules. The referee will warn every participant prior to the meet that they must compete in a legal uniform, and if a contestant competes in an illegal uniform, then that contestant is disqualified from that event. There are no team warnings or individual warnings after the meet begins. Officials should use preventative officiating as much as possible.
Eligibility List: Eligibility List and schedule must be submitted in the TSSAA Portal before the first contest date of Fall Sports – August 13th, 2018.
Practice: The first date for practice is the Monday, July 23, 2018. Participants must have signed physicals and required forms on file at the school prior to their first practice. Each student-athlete must have a completed Athlete’s Health Record (comprised of a cleared pre-participation physical examination, emergency information, informed consent, acknowledgement of risk and authorization to treat signed by parent/guardian) and the Tennessee State Concussion & Sudden Cardiac Law “Information & Signature Form” before he or she can participate in a try-out, practice, or game.
Length of Course: The Cross Country courses will be 5k meters in distance for boys and girl. Rules governing Cross Country shall be those as published by the National Federation of High School Associations in the Track and Field Rulebook. The length of all SCIAA Cross Country Course will be 5k meters.
Regional Meets: Regional cross country meets shall be completed by October 27, 2018. At the regional cross country meets each year, the coaches involved shall select the site of the following year’s regional cross country meet and the director. The Large & Small Class teams (as determined by classification) will be scored as two separate cross country meets.
Entrance Forms TSSAA Regionals: The standard entrance form must be in the hands of the meet director and in the state office no later than October 19th. Schools that do not file the entry form with the meet director by or on October 19th shall be charged $25.00 for each day they are late in order to enter the meet. The penalty check shall go to the meet director in order to cover meet expenses. Directors will forward entrance forms for all contestants that qualify to the state director.
Requirements: All coaches must have current CPR certification and complete the NFHS “Concussion in Sports” prior to coaching. All non-faculty and classified employees must complete the NFHS “Fundamentals of Coaching” and First Aid, Health, & Safety for Coaches” prior to coaching.
SCIAA XC Meets
- SCIAA cross country meets are MANDATORY. Failure to attend may result in a fine. All races will be held on THURSDAY.
- Registration for SCIAA XC meets should be completed on milesplit.com. This must be submitted by Monday at 11:59pm the week of each race. Unlimited entries per school is permitted at all meets except the SCIAA Championship (max of 7 participants).
- NEW THIS YEAR: All races will be electronically timed with shoe tags. (IPICO Timing Equipment)
- Races will start at 5:00pm sharp. Coaches must check in by 4:30pm to pick up bib numbers/shoe tags and allow ample time for lacing up the shoe tag and proper warm up. Girls will run in the first wave at 5:00pm, and boys in the second wave starting at approximately 5:30pm. Failure to arrive on time will result in a “DID NOT SHOW” score and the school may be subject to a fine.
- Following each race, coaches are responsible for turning in all shoe tags/safety pins. If shoe tags are lost, stolen, or broken, schools may be subject to a $25.00 fee per missing/damaged tag for excessive misuse.
ONLINE REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS: Milesplit Instructions 2018