Safe Participation Courses & Information
(Must be Completed and/or Reviewed Annually before Coaching Duties Begin)
1) Tennessee Concussion Law Requirements
2) NFHS Coaches Training Free Course: A Guide to Acclimatization and Heat Illness Prevention
5) New Tennessee Sudden Cardiac Law Requirements: requires that school and community organizations sponsoring youth athletic activities establish guidelines to inform and educate coaches, youth athletes and other adults involved in youth athletics about the nature, risk and symptoms
SCIAA Coaches’s Meeting February 4th @SCIAA Office 9:30am
TMSAA First Date of Practice January 30th
Deadline to submit Non-SCIAA Events February 26th
Sign Up: Concession Sign-Up Deadline March 4th (Closed)
TMSAA First Date of Competition March 9th
SCS Spring Break March 13th – 17th
Last Day to Submit Championship Entries April 14th 11:59pm
Area Scratch Meeting April 17th
SCIAA Championship Preliminaries April 18th & 19th
TMSAA Sectionals May 6th
TMSAA State Championship May 20th
Track Meets will start promptly at 5:00 pm. SCIAA will run all gates at all track events.
SCIAA Track and Field Contacts
- Track Coordinator: Ron King 901.233.4334; email@example.com
- SCIAA Athletic Specialist: Marcus Taylor 901.502.0015
- Crump- Bernard Bledsoe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Halle-Michelle Graham (email@example.com)
- Fairgrounds-John Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kirby Stadium- Eric Conrad
- Whitehaven-Ursula Lomax (email@example.com)
- Cordova- Terrence Turner
This year the SCIAA will be using www.tennesseerunner.com to submit online entries. If you are not familiar with Tennessee Runner, instructions on how to register your team, complete your roster and register for an event is available here. Please monitor your meets carefully to make sure your teams all have athletes entered into your meet. All Track Meet Entries must be completed by noon the day prior to the meet.
Number of Entries per team in an individual event is 2. Number of Relay team per school is 1. During the SCIAA post season, number of entries per team in an individual event is 3 and the number of relay teams per school is 1.
Scratch runners will be allowed in relays only in the 7th and 8th lanes if space permits. Teams must be clearly identifiable. Scratch runners participation will be left up to the track directors discretion based on the previous criteria.
|3 TEAMS||5-3-2-1||6 TEAMS||10-8-6-4-2-1|
|4 TEAMS||6-4-3-2-1||7 TEAMS||10-8-6-4-3-2-1|
|5 TEAMS||8-6-4-2-1||8 OR MORE TEAMS||10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1|
Results will be available in Tennessee Runner no later than Monday of the following week.
Practice at District Stadiums
Games on district fields at district owned stadiums take precedence over practices. Please clear the stadium 60 minutes prior to game time. Clearing the stadium includes all student-athletes, coaches, team followers etc…. Please review the SCIAA website for game times and locations at district stadiums.
Regular Season $2.00. Post Season $5.00.
Divisional Preliminaries: All Entries Must Be Entered in Tennesse RunnerApril 13th 11:59pm
|Whitehaven Stadium||AA Schools|
|Crump Stadium||A Schools|
April 17th 4pm Scratch Meeting at SCIAA Office
April 18th 5pm Girls Running / Boys Field Events Preliminaries, 3200m run & 4x8m relay
April 19th 5pm Boys Running / Girls Field Events Preliminaries, 3200m run & 4x8m relay
April 28th 5pm SCIAA Championship Field Events (includes 3200m run & 4x8m relay) Crump Stadium
April 29th 9am SCIAA Championship Running Events Whitehaven Stadium
* The SCIAA Championship will be used as the qualifier for the TMSAA Sectionals*
May 6th 9am Whitehaven Stadium
additional information TBA
TMSAA State Meet
|Boys’ Track Events||Girls’ Track Events|
|110 Meter LH||100 Meter LH|
|100 Meter Dash||100 Meter Dash|
|4×200 Meter Relay||4×200 Meter Relay|
|1600 Meter Run||1600 Meter Run|
|4×100 Meter Relay||4×100 Meter Relay|
|400 Meter Dash||400 Meter Dash|
|800 Meter Run||800 Meter Run|
|200 Meter Dash||200 Meter Dash|
|4×400 Meter Relay||4×400 Meter Relay|
|Boys’ Field Events||Girls’ Field Events|
|Discus Throw||Discus Throw|
|High Jump||High Jump|
|Long Jump||Long Jump|
|Shot Put||Shot Put|
I. TSSAA Uniform Rule
- All uniforms must follow the NFHS Rules. The referee will warn every participant prior to the meet that they must compete in a legal uniform, and if a contestant competes in an illegal uniform, then that contestant is disqualified from that event. There are no team warnings or individual warnings after the meet begins. Officials should use preventative officiating as much as possible.
II. Number of Events Open to Participants
- No contestant may participate in more than three events in any meet. This regulation applies to all track competition – regular-season meets as well as invitational, conference, sub-sectional, sectional, regional, and state meets.
- A school may enter no more than three girls or three boys in any individual event and no more than one team in a relay.
- Four Sectionals (Murfreesboro, Chattanooga, Greeneville, and Memphis) will be held across the state with the qualifiers advancing to the State Championships. There will be 16 qualifiers in each event from each classification to the State Championships from the Sectional meets. There will be a fee of $50 for a girls’ team and $50 for a boys’ team for each school in the Sectional meet.
- Sectionals must be completed by May 13, 2017.
IV. State Meet Information
- Running Events – All lane assignments will be based on the athlete’s qualifying performance.
- The following scoring system shall be used in the state meet – 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1.
- The Middle School Track & Field State Championships will be held May 20, 2017 at Austin Peay State University in Clarksville, TN.